Video Branding Is a Must for Modern Digital Marketing
The digital landscape is changing dramatically, and with that change come more affordable and clever ways of marketing and delivering meaningful content to our audience. Now, more than ever, our stakeholders look to connect to brands through digital media — especially video. Video marketing is allowing us to reach vastly more prospects. Most importantly, we can deliver our value proposition message in our terms and for minimal expense when we use video in our branding and marketing. Video branding and marketing is the future, and the future is here.
The best part? Mobile technology is empowering us to deliver video anywhere at any time. 60% of internet traffic has gone mobile, and 80% of that traffic is in the video.
Bottom line: video marketing is one of the few types of online material that provides the ultimate value, relevance, and flexibility that all consumers want and millennials require for their busy lifestyle and desire to stay connected. The future isn’t waiting for us; video marketing is now.
Video Marketing Stats:
60% of internet traffic has gone mobile, and 80% of that traffic is in video.
Video marketing is the future. Here’s why. According to news shared by HubSpot:
- Video is projected to claim more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019.
- Adding a video to marketing emails will boost click-through rates by up to 3x.
- Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
- A third of the time people spend online is dedicated to watching videos.
- Video ads now account for more than 35% of all ad spending online.
- 59% of company decision makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post.
- Video content can be the equivalent of over 1 million words.
- According to Krista Dolan, Snapshot Interactive Producer, There is still a place for those traditional forms of advertising, but where they are placed is rapidly changing and shrinking.
A recent Google research study compared the effectiveness of three different videos on YouTube (:15, :30 and 2:17). The study found that the :30 video outperformed the others on view-through rate. In fact, it was 30% more effective than the :15 video, while the 2:17 video fell somewhere in between. Think about this when considering run-time for your spots. You can read the entire study here.
Now is the time for all businesses small and large to be making strategic use of video.
1. Video content promotes brand recall.
According to HubSpot, 80% of customers remember a video they have watched in the last month. Video marketing connects visually and through sound, so it’s easier for many users to remember than text-based content. Brand and content memory = credibility and leads. Moreover, viewers are inclined to share video marketed content.
It is essential to align the video with the brand, unless the footage is freestyle. Keep the production in line with your brand architecture. In other words, keep colors, fonts, logos, and voice the same in your video marketing as they are in your blogs and articles.
2. Video marketing can boost your site’s SEO.
Conversion from the video is incredible, vs. text-only content. Up to 65% of viewers visit a website after viewing a branded video. Relevant and eye-catching video content will improve your site’s SEO and drive people to your homepage. Ultimately, this will enhance your conversion rates. Adding video to your landing pages will improve your company’s SEO value and improve your click-through rates across the board.
3. Video content performs well on all devices.
Responsive website design is a must today. When our content is not viewable due to .jpg size, or fails on a device or browser system, the business behind it loses traffic and suffers decreased conversions. Fortunately, video content is fit for consumption on all devices, ranging from computers to mobile phones. This expands video’s reach and makes it more user-friendly and consumer-focused.
4. Video marketing can help strengthen your brand message.
Using video for brand message delivers home the company culture and persona. The video is the ideal tool to strengthen your brand identity and make sure that your customers know who you are.
5. Video content wants to go viral.
People share video. Period. It destroys the nearest share rate of any other type of content. Six times the viewers will engage in a video post before a text post, according to Diode Digital. Because of this, video content is a powerful branding and marketing tool for any brand that wants to expand its reach online or enjoy wider audiences.
Modern branding and marketing for 2018 and beyond
Video will continue to be an indispensable tool for creating and maintaining a viable digital footprint. To learn more, or for creative ideas on integrating video into your digital footprint, please contact us. We’re here to help!
Concept@2completion or 480-886-8066
Creating trust through branding.